Recipe by mickeydownunder
QUICK and easy as can be, Oh, did I mention tasty and healthy? When want something for easy dinner, Recommend this recipe! It's a winner!
Top Review by liliya_99
The overall taste of this soup was good and I enjoyed it. However, I felt that the texture of the butter beans was a bit too much for this soup. Smaller beans would work better, in my opinion.
- 250 g ham
- 1 3⁄4 liters vegetable stock, plus
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 1 red onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions
- 3 carrots
- 2 (400 g) cans butter beans
- 1⁄4 cup basil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp stock in large pot and saute finely diced red onion, finely sliced ham (I used deli leg off the bone) and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add rough cut carrots, butter beans (can use chickpeas), spring onions, 1 3/4 litres of vegetable (or chicken) stock and bring to a boil.
- NOTE: Adjust garlic to your taste.
- SIMMER uncovered for twenty minutes and let sit for 5 minutes.
- MASH; reheat if necessary and add chopped basil and lemon juice.