Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I received from a friend and modified it slightly to suite my tastes. I like it because it doesn't have all the fats normally associated with this salad and the taste is fabulous! Hope you enjoy too!
- 4 heads broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (OR slivered almonds OR chopped walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (OR sour cream)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Peel the stems of the broccoli and dice. Cut up broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Mix all ingredients. Chill for 1/2 hour and serve.
- If you difficulties digesting raw broccoli, steam it until it changes colour, about 2 or 3 minutes. Then dunk into a cold water bath to stop cooking, pat dry and continue with recipe.
Really liked the substitution of the greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. Will definitely try again. Of course omitted a few salad ingredients to suit my family's tastes. Thanks for the recipe.