Recipe by Nurse Amanda
This is a recipe I found on foodnetwork.com, but I substituted apple sauce for half of the butter and I think it turned out even better!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Stir in milk and cinnamon and applesauce.
- Mix bananas into sugar mixture.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bananas and mix until combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on stove before removing and slicing.