Recipe by Easy T
This is a recipe from Curbingcarbs. It is a pretty good alternative to the real thing for those of us on a low carb diet. The texture is almost perfect.
Top Review by I<3butter!
Very close to the real thing. The texture was great and the cottage cheese gave it a similar flavor to that of a buttermilk pancake. The only additions I made were some cinnamon and a little stevia to sweeten them a bit. These cook a bit longer than regular pancakes, about 6 plus minutes per side until their well browned, otherwise the flax is gummy in the middle. Next time I'm going to try a 50/50 nut meal and flax meal mix and see if they cook a little faster and for the nutty flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all the ingredients with a whisk. Batter should be a bit runny.
- Cook in a lightly greased skillet as you would any pancake recipe.
- Drop batter on surface in large spoonfulls.
- Cook until each side is lightly browned.
- Serve with butter and low carb store bought syrup.