Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a revised Key lime cheesecake recipe that I've altered to add the flavor of coconut. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- Mix unsweetened coconut, 1 tablespoons Splenda & melted butter with a fork. Press into a 10 inch spring form pan, covering bottom. Place in refrigerator while completing other steps.
- Blend ricotta cheese in a food processor on high for five minutes, or until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides after the first minute.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth with mixer. Add sour cream, & fully incorporate. Add ricotta & fully incorporate. Add Splenda, extracts, lime juice, coconut milk & salt. Mix slowly at first until fully mixed.
- While mixing cream cheese mixture at medium speed, add gelatin envelopes to boiling water, stirring vigorously & quickly. Immediately stream into running mixer to incorporate. Do not pause here or your gelatin will congeal & you will have a lumpy cheesecake!
- Immediately pour your cheesecake mixture into your prepared pan with crust. Garnish with toasted coconut & lime zest if you'd like, & refrigerate for 3-4 hours.