Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious low carb muffins using ground nuts instead of flour
- 2 cups almond meal (or use a mixture of almond and walnut meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia or 1⁄4 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries (or other fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Melt coconut in microwave.
- Spray silicone muffin pan. Heart shaped muffins are particularly pretty.
- With a food processor (optional) mix dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. The batter should be a little stiff like shortbread.
- Spoon dough mixture into muffin pan. Cover dough with blueberries. Push the blueberries in a little into the dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool before eating.