Recipe by Mercy
Who needs Wheat Thins when you can make this guiltfree cracker at home?
Top Review by clerkandwrench
I praise and adore Mercy for this recipe! This is FANTASTIC! It will help any low carber get through the I want a crunchy cracker stage. Trader Joe's carries bags of Almond Meal. Maybe a little coarser than Almond flour, but it worked great for me. Easy recipe and oh soo good! Thanks Mercy!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl; everything should be moist and the dough should hold together somewhat.
- Put the dough on a well-greased sheet of parchment paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil, about 15x18" (it's helpful to crumble the dough mixture and spread the crumbs in a roughly rectangular shape on the foil).
- Cover the dough with a piece of wax paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8" thick or slightly thinner; try to get the dough to an even thickness; you can also carefully peel up the wax paper and reshape the dough to get it as close to rectangular as possible, about 9x9" square.
- Replace the wax paper and continue rolling until nice and even.
- Peel off the wax paper and use a pizza or ravioli cutter to score the dough into approximately 48 1-inch squares.
- Lift the foil and set it on the oven rack and bake them at 325º for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Check after 10 minutes and if crackers at outer edge are getting pretty brown, remove those and continue baking the rest until golden; use a thin metal spatula to very gently pry the crackers from the foil.
- Break them apart on the score lines and let cool.