Chicken chunks simmered in curry, cumin and white pepper over black beans
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice chicken in small bite sized pieces.
- 2Semi frozen chicken can be cut to size with a cleaver, but be careful!
- 3Larger pieces will not absorb the seasonings as well.
- 4Add water to a pan over medium heat.
- 5Add all spices to water and let it come to a simmer.
- 6Once simmering, add chicken chunks and cover pan.
- 7Once chicken starts to whiten, stir into seasonings.
- 8Let simmer covered until chicken is completely cooked through.
- 9Seasonings can be drained or poured over bed of rice.
- 10OPTIONAL Black beans can be added to the chicken as it simmers or cooked separately and added afterward.
- 11Serve chicken over rice and/or beans.
- 12Cover with shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Curry and Cumin Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.8
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 624.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 48.0 g