Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken chunks simmered in curry, cumin and white pepper over black beans
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 15 ounces black beans (optional)
- steamed rice (optional)
- Slice chicken in small bite sized pieces.
- Semi frozen chicken can be cut to size with a cleaver, but be careful!
- Larger pieces will not absorb the seasonings as well.
- Add water to a pan over medium heat.
- Add all spices to water and let it come to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add chicken chunks and cover pan.
- Once chicken starts to whiten, stir into seasonings.
- Let simmer covered until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Seasonings can be drained or poured over bed of rice.
- OPTIONAL Black beans can be added to the chicken as it simmers or cooked separately and added afterward.
- Serve chicken over rice and/or beans.
- Cover with shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole.