This is not only a great way to eat more vegetables but also have something light with no sauce. You can use other vegetables as well including mushrooms and baby corn. It’s the next best thing to tandoori chicken and a fun way of cooking chicken. This can also be done on a barbecue but make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly and do not use the left over marinade to brush the cooked chicken with. Time does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1in cubes
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1Soak 8-10 wooden skewers.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, garlic, ginger, black pepper, coriander, chili powder, cumin, salt and tomato paste.
- 3Add the chicken and mix well, coating all the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 4Thread the chicken on to the skewers, alternating the meat with chunks of onion, tomato and green pepper. Brush with oil, then grill for 15 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- 5To achieve the sizzling effect, heat an iron plate and then place the chicken skewers onto the plate and splash a few drops of water and oil on it.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low and Light Chicken Shashlik
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 268.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: