1 hr 30 mins
A wonderful gift for a bride to be, a friend under the weather, or just to say thanks! It tastes great too. Decorate the jar with a fabric lid and/or a bow tied around it. Be sure to attach the cooking instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/2 cup split peas
- 1/2 cup abc pasta (any small pasta will work) or 1/2 cup small shell pasta (any small pasta will work) or 1/2 cup pasta, rings (any small pasta will work) or 1/2 cup macaroni (any small pasta will work)
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/3 cup non-instant white rice
- tri-color spiral pasta
- 1Be sure to use a wide-mouth 1qt. canning jars.
- 2Layer ingredients in the jar:.
- 3Bouillon, Onion Flakes, Split Peas, Small Shape Pasta, Barley, Lentils, Rice and enough tricolored spiral pasta to fill the jar.
- 4Attach a tag with cooking instructions: In a large kettle, brown 1 pound ground beef, or stew beef cut into bite-sized pieces, in a little olive oil.
- 5Remove tricolored pasta from top of jar and reserve.
- 6Add the rest of the jar contents to the kettle with 12 cups water.
- 7Let it come to a boil and simmer 45 minutes.
- 8Add tricolored pasta and simmer 15 minutes more.
- 9Serve with your favorite bread or rolls and a tossed salad.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Love-Soup Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 12.6 g