Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Concocted by the First Class Nuts team for the ZWT3! "If You're Lonesome Tonight, stop in at our Heartbreak Hotel for a one-of-a-kind "Love-me-Tender Nut Burger" that we're sure Elvis himself would've danced in his Blue Suede Shoes for! Peanut Butter is the secret ingredient for our tender, juicy burger that's topped with all the best southern trimmin's! Including BBQ sauce, bacon, creamy coleslaw, and much, much more! Ya'll come down and see us now, ya hear?!"
- 4 large hamburger buns or 4 large rolls
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions or 2 tablespoons thinly sliced onions, if you prefer
- 4 tablespoons honey barbecue sauce, more if desired
- 4 slices white American cheese
- 4 slices lean bacon, cooked, more if desired
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 2 cups prepared creamy Coleslaw
- 4 teaspoons spicy mustard
- In large bowl, combine well the hamburger, peanut butter, garlic and finely chopped onion. *If you prefer, you can top your burgers with thinly sliced onion instead.
- Shape into four patties. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place on hot grill and grill til almost done, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread top of each burger with half of the bbq sauce and turn, top other side with remaining bbq sauce. Grill for 1 minute, turn burgers over, and top each with cheese.
- Grill one minute longer or til cheese has started to melt.
- During this time, toast buns if desired.
- Place burgers on bottom buns.
- Top with the rest of the ingredients in order divided evenly, breaking bacon slices in half and topping each with 2 half slices.
- Spread inside of top buns with spicy mustard and place on top of slaw.
I hate to ask,but has anybody tried crunchy peanut butter or added PB2 to the mix
I rated this based on the ingredients and other reviews, as I haven't made it yet. My one concern is that each burger is 1/2 pound! I am a Weight Watcher, and that equals 24 points (nearly all of my points for one day!) I would make them 1/4 pound burgers and be able to enjoy my meal.
This is a wonderful recipe. I LOVE peanut butter, including peanut butter and bacon sandwiches! However, I do agree with the reviewer who stated being careful, and advising not to surprise anyone with the "secret" ingredient. For some reason, people are developing more and more allergies, so sad. So, please be sure to warn your guests unless you know for sure.