This recipe appeared in the Washington Post and I have tweaked it to better suit my tastes. This is different in a good way..a nice enjoyable easy weeknight meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, cored and finely chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1Place the sweet potatoes in a large pan with just enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook about 10 minutes, until the potatoes are just tender.
- 3Drain the potatoes, and set aside.
- 4While potatoes are cooking, heat skillet and place the butter in it to melt over medium heat.
- 5Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the vegetables have softened. Add chicken pieces and saute until cooked through, approximately 15 minutes.
- 6Add the paprika and the dried thyme, crumbling it between your fingers, then the salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine for 1 minute.
- 7Drain and add sweet potatoes, scallions, parsley, sour cream and chicken broth. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the all flavors and liquids have blended.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 234.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 31.2 g