Recipe by byZula
From the Royal Gazette Newspaper in Bermuda.
Top Review by rgohn
First - the comment that Lowquat pits are toxic is ridiculous! This comment should be removed from this recipe. Our Jelly turned out fantastically! After cooking the fruit, on a low simmer, for about one hour, I used an immersion blender on the mixture. I removed the Cinnamon stick before blending the fruit. We then strained the blended fluid through a wire sieve and filled five 8 ounce jars. We boiled the jars and lids to sterilize them. The finished product was then refrigerated.
- 6 cups loquats, pitted (save some pits and cut in half)
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup bermuda gold liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil together the sugar, water, cinnamon stick, Bermuda Gold and fruit, along with a handful of pits for color until thickened.
- Remove cinnamon stick and rub through a sieve and cool.
- Store in very clean jars.
- Seal, label and date.
- Keeps for 2 months in the refrigerator.