Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really nice tex-mex style rub by Jamie Purviance that's great on steaks. This makes enough for four good sized steaks, but I quadruple it and store it in a air-tight jar so that it's always handy.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules (powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the spices to a small bowl and mix well with your fingers.
- Rub some extra virgin olive oil onto both sides of the steaks, then evenly coat this rub onto both sides, gently rubbing it into the meat. Let the steak sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes with this rub on before grilling over direct high heat.