My husband and I went to Niagara Falls a couple of years ago. We decided that since we were flying into Buffalo we musn't pass up a chance to eat at Anchor Bar where hot wings were invented. After a full day of flying with our daughter, who was about 7 months old we were looking forward to a nice plate of hot wings and a couple of beers. We drove in the rain down dark streets and finally came to the infamous Home of the Original Hot Wings. The service, beer, wings, and fries were great. I decided to try a "West Coast" version of the wings. I named them after the town in which I live. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken drummettes, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons hunan red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons jose Cuervo tequila
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1Add oil to large skillet.
- 2Combine on plate, the flour, garlic and onion powders and pepper.
- 3Beat two eggs in a bowl.
- 4Place the flour mixture and the bowl of eggs next to the heated skillet.
- 5Using both hands grab a few drummettes, toss them in the flour mixture, dip them in the eggs and drop them carefully into the skillet.
- 6Turn them as needed and drain them on paper towel or newspaper when done. They should be a nice golden brown color.
- 7When finished deep frying the drummettes, turn on broiler oven.
- 8In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- 9Dip the fried drummettes into the sauce and place on foil-lined broiler pan and place in broiler for about 3-5 minutes, checking to make sure they don't burn.
- 10Use the remaining sauce to dip the wings.
- 11Serve with Ranch Dressing and a nice cold beer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lompoc Legs -- Annemarie's Version of Buffalo Wings
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1235.0
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 671.1 mg
- Sodium 694.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 119.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili sauce