Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Almonds are the most versatile of all the nuts. Both as an ingredient and as a garnish, almonds have a sweet fragrance, sublte flavor and satisfying texture that enhances desserts as well as salads, vegetables,poultry, fish, rice, pasta. This recipe has been with me for years and always a hit!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) packagesoft almond paste
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries, unsweetened
- 4 -5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon kirsch (optional)
- Lightly grease bottom of 9 inch cake pan.
- Line with circle of parchment paper.
- Lightly grease and flour pan sides and parchment.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream together sugar, butter and almond paste in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden and wood pick inserted into center, comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan and cool on rack to room temperature.
- Serve with Raspberry Sauce.
- Makes 8 servings.
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:.
- A sauce you will use again and again, this simple fruit puree also goes well with ice cream.
- Puree raspberries in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Strain into bowl, pressing puree through mesh strainer.
- Whisk in sugar.
- Taste and add more sugar, if needed.
- Add kirsch.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 2 days.
- Makes about 1 cup.
Oh my gosh! I saw this recipe this morning and knew I needed to prepare it. I called work and canceled my day, rushed to the store to purchase the ingredients and prepared it. Lolly, you're a genius! This torte is superb! Thanks for posting.