Almond Raspberry Chocolate Torte
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 eggs, room temperature separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 1⁄2 ounces almond filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour (That is presifted and then measured to 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided (2 tablespoons for chocolate rest for filling and frosting)
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (optional)
- Prepare 2 8 inch cake pan by greasing with butter apply wax paper to pan then butter again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar using clean, dry and oil free bowl and beaters till soft peaks form set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl tat high speed for 3 minutes. Beat in 3/4 of the can of almond filling and the almond liquor to the yolk mixture. Sift the sifted flour, baking powder and salt together; add to the yolk mixture and beat till just combined.
- Gentle fold in the egg whites thoroughly into the batter.
- Pour into the pans and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove to a rack removing the wax paper.
- Spread jam equally on the 2 cakes.
- Cool completely.
- Melt 3 ounces of chocolate with 2 tablespoons cream stir to mix in well.
- Spread gently over the raspberry layers.
- Beat whipping cream with chilled clan beaters till stiff peaks form.
- Remove 1 cup whipped cream, adding the remaining almond filling to the 1 cup of cream.
- Place the filling on the chocolate layer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Place the other layer chocolate side down on to the filling,.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on the sides and top of cake.
- Coat the sides with the toasted almonds.
- Make Chocolate curls by shaving the remaining chocolate with a vegetable peeler.
- Top cake with curls or raspberries.
Join The Conversation