Decadent Holiday Chocolate Torte
photo by Ariel P.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted or
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, hershey's
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- semi-sweet glaze (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F Line bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with foil; grease foil.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. In large bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar, melted butter and vanilla until well blended. Add flour, cocoa and water; stir in pecans. Gradually fold reserved egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until firm to touch; cool completely in pan on wire rack. Invert onto serving plate; remove foil. Cover; refrigerate. Prepare SEMI-SWEET GLAZE. Spread top and sides of torte with prepared glaze. Cover; refrigerate. Garnish top of torte as desired.
- SEMI-SWEET GLAZE: In a small bowl, place 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chips and 1/3 cup whipping cream. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Use immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!