Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my sister, who got the recipe from my mom for our holiday cookie swap.
- 32 caramels
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt caramels and evaporated milk in a double boiler.
- Combine all other ingredients except chocolate and nuts in a bowl.
- Press half of crumb mixture in square baking pan to make the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minute Remove and sprinkle on the chips and pecans. Drizzle the melted caramel on top.
- Drop on chunks of remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake 15-20 min at 350.
- Cool completely then cut.