Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe comes from Billy's Chowder House in Wells, Maine. Looks delicious and I can't wait to try it!
- 8 ounces lobster meat, torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 hot dog buns
- 1⁄2 head butter lettuce, thinly sliced
- Combine lobster meat and mayonnaise in medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter along outside surfaces of hot dog rolls.
- Heat medium skillet over high heat.
- Place rolls, 1 buttered side down, in skillet; cook until browned slightly, about 2 minutes per side.
- Open rolls.
- Fill with lettuce, then lobster mixture, serve immediately.
Being originally from Nova Scotia Canada lobster is loved by most people there------This recipe reminds me of times we ate lobster in many different ways. Thanks for posting it----Brought back alot of wonderful memories as i live in western Canada now and don't get to eat lobster as much.
I have lived on the beautiful Coast of Maine all my life....live with a fisherman, so therefore I have had lobster multiple times, to say the least. Yes, this is the most popular way to make a lobster roll......with or without the lettuce is a personal choice. Always make it with fresh lobster. Frozen lobster meat does not taste the same. Enjoy!
These are heaven on a plate. The hardest part is cracking the lobster and getting the meat. But it's so worth it. So delectable.