Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After finding a good baked potato soup recipe, I played around with the ingredients and have come up with my own version. My hubby is not a fan of soup but he begs for this one.
- Bake potatoes until tender. I microwave them to save time, but an oven works too.
- While potatoes are microwaving or during the last 10-15 minutes of baking time, melt butter in large saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and continue to cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly (about 1 minute).
- Add milk slowly, about 1 cup at a time. Continue to whisk frequently.
- Chop warm potatoes into cubes
- Once soup is warmed through and slightly thickened, add potatoes, 6 oz grated cheese and sour cream and salt.
- Heat until until cheese is melted.
- Stir in onion and bacon, reserving a little bacon for garnish.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with a pinch of reserved cheese and a few crumbles of bacon.