After finding a good baked potato soup recipe, I played around with the ingredients and have come up with my own version. My hubby is not a fan of soup but he begs for this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake potatoes until tender. I microwave them to save time, but an oven works too.
- 2While potatoes are microwaving or during the last 10-15 minutes of baking time, melt butter in large saucepan.
- 3Whisk in flour and continue to cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly (about 1 minute).
- 4Add milk slowly, about 1 cup at a time. Continue to whisk frequently.
- 5Chop warm potatoes into cubes
- 6Once soup is warmed through and slightly thickened, add potatoes, 6 oz grated cheese and sour cream and salt.
- 7Heat until until cheese is melted.
- 8Stir in onion and bacon, reserving a little bacon for garnish.
- 9Serve in individual bowls garnished with a pinch of reserved cheese and a few crumbles of bacon.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1081.9
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 170.6 mg
- Sodium 954.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 32.1 g