Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My own concoction. This is my DD favorite soup. We love to eat it on Halloween night with Lots of Sourdough garlic toast. Yum!
- 10 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced 1 inch pieces
- 6 -8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- salt and pepper
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onion, chopped
- In a large dutch oven, put potatoes, chicken broth (enough to cover potatoes), onion powder, garlic and herb seasoning, and chicken bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in Monterey jack cheese until melted.
- Add cooked bacon; stir in half and half.
- (I usually just sprinkle bacon on individual bowls of soup. That way it stays crunchy!).
- Thicken to desired consistency with instant mashed potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese and chopped green onions (optional).