My own concoction. This is my DD favorite soup. We love to eat it on Halloween night with Lots of Sourdough garlic toast. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced 1 inch pieces
- 6 -8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large dutch oven, put potatoes, chicken broth (enough to cover potatoes), onion powder, garlic and herb seasoning, and chicken bouillon.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Slowly stir in Monterey jack cheese until melted.
- 6Add cooked bacon; stir in half and half.
- 7(I usually just sprinkle bacon on individual bowls of soup. That way it stays crunchy!).
- 8Thicken to desired consistency with instant mashed potatoes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Garnish with cheddar cheese and chopped green onions (optional).
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liz's Five-Star Potato Soup (Given by Kids)
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.9
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 944.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb seasoning