Recipe by *Marli*
If you are ginger fan like me - you'll love these little cakes with chunks of ginger in them. Ice with lemon icing if you wish.
Top Review by mianbao
This recipe made some nice little cakes that are very moist owing to the honey in them. I used regular salted butter, and did not add any more salt. The recipe does not call for salt, but on eating the cakes, I felt that something - probably a little salt - was missing. This may just be me, of course. They were very quick and easy to make. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 125 g butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger or 2 tablespoons candied ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon together into a bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Beat eggs.
- golden syrup and butter together in a seperate bowl.
- Blend into dry ingredients.
- Stir through water and ginger.
- Spoon mixture in to greased and paper lined cupcake tins or muffin cups.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20- 25 minutes or until cakes are golden and a skewer comes out clean and dry.
- Allow to cool in tins for 5 minutes, turn onto wire rack to cool further.
- Spead cakes with lemon icing if desired when completely cooled.