Recipe by shortstuff
I found this recipe in a cooking magazine and it has since become a family favorite!:)
Top Review by Evie*
The flavour in this dish is awesome, I didnt do the 8 loaves bit, just made one large loaf. My husband (and my son and I) thought it was the best meat loaf he's ever tried. Thanks for posting. =)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together egg and milk; stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt.
- Add hamburger and mix well.
- Shape into 8 loaves and place in a greased 13x9 pan.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.