Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in a cooking magazine and it has since become a family favorite!:)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- Beat together egg and milk; stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt.
- Add hamburger and mix well.
- Shape into 8 loaves and place in a greased 13x9 pan.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
The flavour in this dish is awesome, I didnt do the 8 loaves bit, just made one large loaf. My husband (and my son and I) thought it was the best meat loaf he's ever tried. Thanks for posting. =)
This is an excellent recipe and just about the only way that I will eat meatloaf. I got the recipe out of the same magazine a few years ago and have loved it ever since. Thanks so much for sharing it on this site as well.
I never liked meat loaf until I tried this one. Now I can have meat loaf with the rest of the family. It's a winner. Thanks for posting the recipe. DD