Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple pasta dish that is ready to eat in 30 minutes! From Vegetarian Times, September 1998. Serves 4.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces small white mushrooms, quartered (2 1/2 cups)
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 lb cooked linguine
- Lightly coat bottom of large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and mushrooms. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Toss pasta with mushroom mixture. Serve right away.