Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A delightful, quick and easy to prepare recipe. Many have thoroughly enjoyed this recipe as a side dish with chicken.
Top Review by irishtwinsny
I also used a 28 oz can of tomatoes, and increased the amounts of other ingredients. Absolutely fantastic! I ate it over spaghetti squash, while the rest of the family had the linguine. We reheated the leftovers the next day, and the sauce really held up. I've had vodka sauces that separate after a night in the fridge, but this was equally good the next day.
- 16 ounces linguine, dry or fresh
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 19 fluid ounces plum tomatoes, drained,crush tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook dry linguine in a large cooking pot according to package instructions.
- If using fresh linguine, bring water to a rolling boil, add linguine and boil for about 6 to 8 minutes or until el'dente.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and hot red pepper flakes and saute' for 1 minute.
- Add Vodka and cook until mixture is reduced 25%.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper, stir to mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain cooked linguine and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour sauce over, toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately.