Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love mushrooms and I am a major carboholic. This great pasta dish takes care of both cravings in one meal.
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups small italian-flavored croutons
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook until pasta is firm-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Set aside.
- Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl and cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until hot.
- Add onion and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and just release their liquid, about 6 minutes. Stir in roasted red peppers and season with salt and black pepper. Cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the reserved cooking liquid and pour over linguine. Stir in croutons and Parmesan cheese.Serve immediately.
Fixed this tonight with steak and Green Beans with Almond Slivers #338981. Quite delicious! I did cut the recipe in half and added the garlic after the onions and mushrooms sauteed a little (Recipe didn't say when to add). Gave it a 4-star only because I couldn't give it 4 1/2 and DH wasn't crazy about the croutons and not having a creamy sauce. Thank you (I will be making a small batch for me again). Made for Spring PAC 09.