Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Since it's coming up on vegetable garden season, this is a great recipe.
Make and share this Linguine With Grilled Vegetables and Herb Breadcrumbs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Tear bread slices into small pieces, place on baking sheet and bake until dry, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush zucchini and yellow squash with a little vegetable oil and grill on both sides along with eggplant, onion and tomato slices. Do not over grill; keep fairly firm. Cool slightly and chop into 3/8 inch pieces.
- When bread is dry, crumble it with your hands or chop in food processor until crumbled.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, thyme and oregano, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Toss crumbs in basil mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and grilled vegetables. Heat thoroughly. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Toss vegetables with cooked pasta. Divide into appropriate portion sizes. Top with seasoned bread crumbs. Serve immediately. Serves 6.