Linguine With Grilled Vegetables and Herb Breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Tear bread slices into small pieces, place on baking sheet and bake until dry, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush zucchini and yellow squash with a little vegetable oil and grill on both sides along with eggplant, onion and tomato slices. Do not over grill; keep fairly firm. Cool slightly and chop into 3/8 inch pieces.
- When bread is dry, crumble it with your hands or chop in food processor until crumbled.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, thyme and oregano, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Toss crumbs in basil mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and grilled vegetables. Heat thoroughly. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Toss vegetables with cooked pasta. Divide into appropriate portion sizes. Top with seasoned bread crumbs. Serve immediately. Serves 6.