Since it's coming up on vegetable garden season, this is a great recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 3/8 inch thick slices
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 250°F
- 3Tear bread slices into small pieces, place on baking sheet and bake until dry, about 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, brush zucchini and yellow squash with a little vegetable oil and grill on both sides along with eggplant, onion and tomato slices. Do not over grill; keep fairly firm. Cool slightly and chop into 3/8 inch pieces.
- 5When bread is dry, crumble it with your hands or chop in food processor until crumbled.
- 6In a small bowl, combine basil, thyme and oregano, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Toss crumbs in basil mixture to coat.
- 7Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and grilled vegetables. Heat thoroughly. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 8Toss vegetables with cooked pasta. Divide into appropriate portion sizes. Top with seasoned bread crumbs. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Grilled Vegetables and Herb Breadcrumbs
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 300.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: