Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Linguine with bacon, spinach and pine nuts in a creamy garlic sauce. This recipe is from Taste of Home. The only change I would make is to cut back on the amount of cream cheese, to me, it almost overpowered the garlic flavor. I will make it again though, very good!
- 1 lb uncooked linguine
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light is what I used)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 T. drippings.
- In the drippings, sauté the spinach, onion, garlic until tender.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth.
- Stir in pine nuts and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
Delicious sauce! I only used 4 oz. of cream cheese based on Ridgely's description, so the sauce was probably a little thinner, but it was tasty. We served this over angel hair pasta. It was a nice introdution to pine nuts for my kids and they loved them! Thank you!!