Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love cold slaw, and I am always experimenting with recipes until I come up with one I really like. This is a GREAT slaw, packed with FLAVOR, and one I really ENJOY!
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all dressing ingredients, except mayonnaise, in a small pan.
- Cook over medium heat just until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently so it doesn't stick.
- In a lg. bowl, combine all salad ingredients, and mix well.
- Add dressing, and mix well. Let cool.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Stir about every 1/2 hours so flavors meld.
I wanted to come in and do a review on this great slaw recipe. We had a family gathering this weekend, and this was the first side dish to go! Previous poster said this recipe was flat? I don't know what you did, but if you followed the recipe, you would find it is packed with flavor. Make sure you let it sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours before serving, so the flavors have a chance to marry. Awesome addition to my recipe file. Thanks LBK!
This recipe is on the pillsbury site! It is an OK salad but lacks some oomph - I know it is a low calorie dish but that doesn't mean it needs to taste flat! Maybe, I am the only one that feels that way.