Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious dish to have along with eggs, and toast for breakfast, or with your favorite meat, as a side dish. I also sometimes add chopped jalapeno peppers to this to give it a little twist.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 -6 large potatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into thin slices
- Peel, and cube potatoes.
- Cook in oil, in covered skillet, turning about every 5 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and continue to cook over low heat, until potatoes are almost cooked, turning often.
- Remove cover, and continue cooking, until well browned, and slightly crisped.
- Add Velveeta cheese slices, put cover back on, and let simmer for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Mix in cheese, and serve.
I have no idea where I went wrong with this recipe. It's simple enough and I followed it perfect but it just didn't turn out. I think it was the Velveeta. We're big fans of Velveeta in dips and things but it just didn't have the right texture in this recipe...to us. Maybe it will work for someone else? We're all big fans of cheesy potatoes but everyone was just kind of picking at these.