Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
this was taken from the food network website,im not sure wich chef it was. I love a sweet lemon sorbet on a hot summer evening.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup limoncello liquor
- 1⁄2 cup champagne (Riesling) or 1⁄2 cup white wine (Riesling)
- first make the simple syrup:.
- In a small sauce pan on med-high heat add the water,sugar and cornsyrup.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to low heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a stainless steel bowl combine the lemon juice,limoncello and champagne/wine.
- Add the cooled simple syrup to the stainless steel bowl,stir well.
- Put the bowl in the freezer, stir and scrape the mixture every few hours until its completely frozen.
- scoop out with an ice cream scoop and serve. The consistency will be like a frozen slushy,NOT like an ice cream.