I love Mexican food and this is another one of my favorites. Lime and chicken are and excellent combination. I found it on the web. Thanks Marissa.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano.
- Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.