Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is going to become your favorite cole slaw! This is so tasty! Cabbage, kissed by lime juice, add in some freshly roasted peanuts, and you have a numero uno dish! Serve it with BBQ's, pot lucks, picnics, or just when you want to impress someone! No mayo to have to worry about sitting outside for hours. Make this at your next family get-together! If you would rather not use the jalapeno pepper, offer ground cayenne or your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted raw peanuts
- 1⁄2 medium heads of cabbage or 1⁄2 large head of cabbage
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- fine-grain sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet or oven (350°F.) roast the peanuts for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice along the way, until golden and toasted.
- Cut the cabbage into two quarters and cut out the core. Using a knife, shred each quarter into whisper thin slices. The key here is bite-sized and thin. If any pieces look like they might be awkwardly long, cut those in half . Combine the cabbage, tomatoes, jalapeno,(if using), and cilantro in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil and salt. Add to the cabbage mixture and gently stir to combine. Just before serving, fold in the peanuts (add them too early and they'll lose some of their crunch). Taste and adjust the flavor with more salt if needed.