Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cheesecake will never truly be good for me, but at least it can be better for me!
Make and share this Lighter Cheesecake Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon light margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With electric mixer at medium speed, cream together margarine & brown sugar.
- Stir in flour & pecans. Set aside 1 cup of mixture, & press remainder in bottom of 8” baking dish.
- Bake at 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven & set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed until smooth. Gradually add ½ c sugar, beating until light & fluffy.
- Add egg whites & remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over baked crust.
- Sprinkle reserved flour mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature; then chill thoroughly.
- Cut into bars or squares & serve.