Recipe by Mims & Squims
Cheesecake will never truly be good for me, but at least it can be better for me!
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon light margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With electric mixer at medium speed, cream together margarine & brown sugar.
- Stir in flour & pecans. Set aside 1 cup of mixture, & press remainder in bottom of 8” baking dish.
- Bake at 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven & set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed until smooth. Gradually add ½ c sugar, beating until light & fluffy.
- Add egg whites & remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over baked crust.
- Sprinkle reserved flour mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature; then chill thoroughly.
- Cut into bars or squares & serve.