Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lower calorie/sugar/carb summer 3-bean salad
Make and share this Lighter 3-Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can wax beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1⁄2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nectresse brand granulated artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a medium sized bowl, or the container you will store the salad, mix together the garbanzo beans, wax beans, and french style green beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the remainder of the ingredients (champagne vinegar down to the celery seeds on this list above), and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the liquid over the beans and mix to blend.
- NOTE: Best if it can sit for at least 8-10 hours in the fridge prior to serving. If you must serve sooner than that, I recommend using about 2 TB of fresh onion, diced, in place of the dried minced onion.
Had to use white wine vinegar and Splenda and got a very enjoyable salad. I love that this delivers a lot of flavor while remaining low in fat. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.