1/2 Photos of Light Summer Salad (Bulgarian Shopska Salata)
Shawn C's Note:
Found this recipe and it makes for a great last minute what is in the fridge salad to go along with all grilled meats! It is great for a cookout or picnic. It can be a small salad or a large one. dress it up with what vefies you like to make it your own. Use crumbled goat cheese or the traditional bulgarian sirene cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced large
- 1 large cucumber, diced large (peel optional)
- 2 green peppers, chopped (roasted or raw)
- 2 red peppers (roasted or raw)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (or 6 green onions, sliced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Place tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion and parsley in a large bowl.
- 2Place oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake until well blended.
- 3Toss dressing with vegetables, turn into a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4Top with crumbled cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Summer Salad (Bulgarian Shopska Salata)
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g