Recipe by Shawn C
Found this recipe and it makes for a great last minute what is in the fridge salad to go along with all grilled meats! It is great for a cookout or picnic. It can be a small salad or a large one. dress it up with what vefies you like to make it your own. Use crumbled goat cheese or the traditional bulgarian sirene cheese.
Top Review by lorik.rothman
Find a nice soft goat cheese if you can't find Bulgarian white cheese, don't use feta. OK, maybe if you like feta it's a good substitute, but I can't stand feta and I loved this salad when I had it in Bulgaria.
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced large
- 1 large cucumber, diced large (peel optional)
- 2 green peppers, chopped (roasted or raw)
- 2 red peppers (roasted or raw)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (or 6 green onions, sliced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion and parsley in a large bowl.
- Place oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake until well blended.
- Toss dressing with vegetables, turn into a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with crumbled cheese.