Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A lighter version of an old favorite. Very tasty! The red pepper flakes enhance flavor but bring little or no heat. From Better Homes and Gardens: Family Favorited Made Lighter.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed lean ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced and peeled
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon melted margarine
- Mix together milk, soup, marjoram, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Use a 2 quart casserole and layer half of each of the ham, onions, potatoes, and sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour until potatoes are nearly done.
- In a small bowl mix breadcrumbs, margarine, and parsley.
- Sprinkle on casserole and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Very good. I had a small ham steak which I cubed and only used two potatoes, since mine were a bit large. Used all other ingredients in proportions as listed.