- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 9 cups thinky sliced unpeeled red potatoes
- 3 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray. Saute garlic and onion over medium heat until tender.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constatnly.
- Add evaporated milk and next 4 ingredeintes; cook over medium heat, keep stirring until mixture boils.
- Add sliced potateos, Gruyere cheese and Parmesan cheese in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch bakind dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.