Recipe by K Conway2
I ate a dish at The Olive Garden Restaurant several years ago that I loved. They have since removed it from their menu, so this is my "light" re-creation of it!
Top Review by Julie
This has an amazing flavor. I left out the mushrooms and used 1 cup apple juice as I only had 1 cup of white wine. For some reason, my sauce did not thicken at all. Will try again and hope for different results there. Thank you.
- 1 (7 ounce) package cheese tortellini (or larger)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagedeli cut ham steaks, cubed (or larger)
- 8 ounces frozen peas, partially thawed
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- 3⁄4 pint half-and-half cream (I use fat free)
- 2 cloves garlic (I use a garlic press to mince them)
- 3 tablespoons light butter (I use I Can't Believe it's Not Butter, Light)
- 3 -4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 3 tbsp. of light butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. After a minute, put in minced garlic cloves
- Add 1 cup of white wine then add all of the mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes
- Start to boil the water for the pasta. Add cubed ham and peas to the saute pan then add the remaining 1 cup of white wine and saute for 3-4 minutes
- Put your pasta in the boiling water. To the saute pan, add 3/4 pint of half & half, then lower the temperature to low-medium heat (so that it doesn't bubble)
- After 2-3 minutes, add corn starch one tbsp. at a time and stir-the sauce will slowly thicken over 3 to 4 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste, serve over the pasta, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, enjoy!