Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A healthier version of Libby's famous pumpkin pie recipe. I make this for my diet conscious friends and family members as a special treat during the holidays and they enjoy it immensely. Feel free to adjust the amount of Splenda to achieve your preferred sweetness.
- 78.07 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 425.24 g can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 12 fluid ounce can evaporated milk (regular, low fat or fat-free) or 395.10 ml cream
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (4-cup volume)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
- Note: 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
- Note: For 2 shallow pies: substitute two 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shells. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pies test done.
I'm sorry but this was horrible, we actually had to bin it :(
Great pie! I made a couple of changes. I used Splenda BROWN Sugar blend and added 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I HAVE to have nutmeg in my pumpkin pie! :) ) Baking time was right on. Served with a dollop of fat-free Cool Whip. For the crust I used Spiced Pecan Pie Crust.
This made a sweet addition to my thanksgiving table - I made my own crust with Shake-A-Pie Crust and poured this into a 10in pie plate, which appeared to be the perfect amount - baked for the time specified. It wasn't quite as spicy as I'd have liked... I also used fat-free evaporated milk to reduce a few more calories and served with Cool Whip Free.