Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet, just posting it here for safe keeping.
- 6 cups bread (Natural Ovens Bakery bread is healthy and all vegan)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (Soy Garden is vegan, as well as Earth Balance)
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 large carrots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- Cut the bread into small pieces, like regular stuffing.
- Combine rosemary, thyme, sage, parsley, and salt in a separate container. Chop all vegetables.
- Warm the margarine in a small saucepan and sauté the onion, celery, and carrots over medium heat. (I would preheat the oven around this point, at 325) Add these veggies to the bread. Add the herbs to the bread as well.
- Drizzle the vegetable stock over the bread and veggie mixture.
- Mix well.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-30 minutes at 325 degrees.
This stuffing was amazing! My husband loved it, and went for seconds. I'm not a fan of regular onions, so I added green onion, and it was great that way. I will be using this recipe every time we make stuffing. I can not stand boxed stuffing, so I'm glad I found this recipe, it's cheap to make, and way better than store bought :)