1/1 Photo of Lentil Stew With Sausage
From Safeway Brand Lentils package: "Our tasters gave four-stars to this nutritious and easy to prepare entree. Smokey sausage, lots of spices and fresh greens give it wonderful flavor". I have made this stew a couple of times, each to success. I usually use what I have in the pantry, so it never - comes out exactly the same. I am posting the recipe as written - make adjustments for your own preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb smoked beef sausage, sliced
- 1 lb lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 lb fresh kale, stems trimmed, leaves choppped (about 8 cups, Could use spinach)
- 1In a 6 to 8 quart pot of Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Saute onions, garlic and carrots until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add sausage, lentils, broth, sage, thyme, pepper and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until lentils are barely tender, about 20 minutes.
- 6Stir in kale or spinach.
- 7Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 8Ladle soup into soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Stew With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 712.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked beef sausage