Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Moosewood Restaurant Low Fat Favorites. Would be a great summer salad. The dressing can be used on many other salads/veggies/fish as well. If your chutney has large pieces of mango, chop them before adding.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped (can use green)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
Curried Mango Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons prepared mango chutney (I LOVE Trader Joes!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red onions, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a saucepan, combine lentils, white onions, garlic, and water. Cover, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30-40 minutes until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, combine bell peppers, celery, and red onions in nonreactive bowl. When lentils are cooked, drain and add them while hot to the bowl. Stir and set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the yogurt dressing ingredients. Stir the dressing into the lentils and serve.