Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My kids love these non-traditional burritos. I love the complimentary protein. And it is so easy!
Make and share this Lentil-Rice Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, long grain is best
- 3⁄4 cup dried lentils
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients in oven-proof casserole dish.
- Cover and bake in 300 degree oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Add more broth if it starts getting dry.
- Serve with flour tortillas, grated cheese, chopped onions, sour cream, etc.
This is a recipe I grew up with (I'm the son of the submitter), and I've tried this recipe out on my wife and children, and they all love it! I however substitute jasmine rice (white) for the brown rice in the recipe. To account for this, I lower the oven temperature to 250? and check on it every so often, it seems to take about 1.5 hours to cook the rice and the lentils. I cook in a cast-iron dutch oven, which means it can keep warm in the oven for several additional hours as long as you turn the oven off!
This was so good, even my toddler loved them & she is a picky eater. It had the flavor of a bean burrito, very tasty!! Thanks for posting!