Recipe by MiaJean
This loaf has a lot of flavor and is pretty moist. Use as much or as little spice as you like. You can use the left overs for sandwiches.
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash spike seasoning
- 1 dash salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ketchup or barbecue sauce, for the top
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- saute onions,mushrooms,garlic,and peppers in a bit of oil till soft.
- puree the cooked lentils,sauted veges,and ground almonds.
- add spices,eggs and bread crumbs.
- pour mixture into greased loaf pan.
- cover with foil and cook for 60 minute.
- uncover and add ketchup or barbeque sauce to top place back in oven and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- remove from oven let cool and enjoy!