Recipe by Sweet PQ?
Here is a tasty version of lentil salad that is a bit different from others already posted. While the salad is ready-to-eat after combining all the ingredients, you can also let it "marinate" in the refrigerator for a couple of hours for the flavours to develop. Remember to taste your feta for saltiness, before you season your salad with salt & pepper. NOTE: Serving size is estimated.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
When I read the ingredient list for this recipe I was sure I'd like it. Preparing and trying it didn't disappoint. My red onion was on the large side so I used half of it and I had to substitute dried rosemary. The recipe was otherwise prepared as written. Thanks for my next few work lunches. Made for Every Day's a Holiday Tag.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1 bay leaf, small
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 red onion, small, diced fine
- 1 red pepper, diced fine
- 1 cup parsley, fresh, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add lentils, garlic and bay leaf to boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Discard the garlic and bay leaf.
- Combine the lentils, celery, onion, pepper, parsley and rosemary.
- Whisk the lemon and olive oil together and drizzle over the lentil mixture.
- Add the feta cheese and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.