1/1 Photo of Lentil and Feta Salad
Sweet PQ?'s Note:
Here is a tasty version of lentil salad that is a bit different from others already posted. While the salad is ready-to-eat after combining all the ingredients, you can also let it "marinate" in the refrigerator for a couple of hours for the flavours to develop. Remember to taste your feta for saltiness, before you season your salad with salt & pepper. NOTE: Serving size is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1 bay leaf, small
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 red onion, small, diced fine
- 1 red pepper, diced fine
- 1 cup parsley, fresh, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 1Add lentils, garlic and bay leaf to boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Discard the garlic and bay leaf.
- 2Combine the lentils, celery, onion, pepper, parsley and rosemary.
- 3Whisk the lemon and olive oil together and drizzle over the lentil mixture.
- 4Add the feta cheese and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 364.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g