Recipe by Brisket in Roses
i made these up one day when i had absolutely nothing to do and they came out wonderful. hope you like. I serve with white rice, cooked in chicken stock and added bay leaves (so it can have some flavor).
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in chunks
- 1 small eggplant, cut in chunks
- 2 large zucchini, cut in chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut in eighths
- 1⁄2 pint button mushroom, cut in half
- 4 lemons, cut in fourths
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme (i used leaves, but ground should work well also)
- coarse salt and pepper
- olive oil (to coat)
- parsley, minced (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything except parsley together in a bowl and marinate for about a half hour (at least).If using wooden skewers, completely soak in water for about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken and veggies are marinated, skewer them in whatever order you'd like, but I always place the lemon wedge last.
- Grill for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on top of rice. Top with parsley.