Recipe by Charlotte J
Found on the side of the Chex Cereal box.
Top Review by teacher2mykids
This is very, very good. I tried it when I saw it on the Chex mix box. All the fruits listed are variations. I didn't use any of the fruits. I also made mine in the oven like regular Chex mix is made. I wasn't sure I was going to like it because right out of the oven it was kinda' chewy like the other poster said but after it cools off it is addicting - even better the next day! I couldn't stop eating it which is why I've only made it once. :)
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- dried cranberries (optional)
- yogurt-covered raisins (optional)
- dried tropical fruit, bits (optional)
- flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave bowl, mix cereals and almonds.
- Microwave butter, sugar and lemonade concentrate uncovered on High 30 seconds then stir.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High about 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture begins to brown.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool then store in airtight container.
- PUMP up the flavor by mixing in 1/2 to 1 cup dried cranberries, yogurt-covered raisins, dried tropical fruit bits or flaked coconut after microwave time, just before spreading to cool.