Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found on the side of the Chex Cereal box.
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- dried cranberries (optional)
- yogurt-covered raisins (optional)
- dried tropical fruit, bits (optional)
- flaked coconut (optional)
- In a large microwave bowl, mix cereals and almonds.
- Microwave butter, sugar and lemonade concentrate uncovered on High 30 seconds then stir.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High about 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture begins to brown.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool then store in airtight container.
- PUMP up the flavor by mixing in 1/2 to 1 cup dried cranberries, yogurt-covered raisins, dried tropical fruit bits or flaked coconut after microwave time, just before spreading to cool.
This is very, very good. I tried it when I saw it on the Chex mix box. All the fruits listed are variations. I didn't use any of the fruits. I also made mine in the oven like regular Chex mix is made. I wasn't sure I was going to like it because right out of the oven it was kinda' chewy like the other poster said but after it cools off it is addicting - even better the next day! I couldn't stop eating it which is why I've only made it once. :)
This was yummy! I made mine in the oven becasue the only bowl that would hold this wouldn't fit in my microwave. It didnt' take that long in the oven (can't remember how long but less than 15 minutes) I cook just until the cereal started to brown. This was addictive! Thanks for sharing:)
This left a bitter aftertaste and had a chewy texture that was unpleasant. Very disappointing.