Tanya's Sweet Chex Mix
- Ready In:
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (NOT margarine)
- 1 dash imitation butter flavoring
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 18 18 cups Chex cereal or 18 cups Crispix cereal, and nuts
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt together Karo syrup, sugar and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add butter flavoring and baking soda, mix.
- Pour over cereal mixture (use whatever quantities of cereal and nuts that you desire to make 18 cups).
- Spread on a large, flat cookie sheet and bake at 250°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and spread Chex mixture on waxed paper, separating cereal pieces. Let cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Spectacular! I used rice and wheat Chex, Pops and about 2 cups of slightly pre-roasted almonds, it was perfect, But I will so add pretzel sticks next time for the bit of salty. I have to admit I added about 1tsp. of Imitation Maple and am planning on trying cinammon eventually. Thank you Sharlene, we love it.